Our designs and outputs feature durability, highly-functionality, and style. We have a team of professional builders who are ready to help and who have been building beautiful pergolas for many years for residential owners in Canberra, ANT, Australia and nearby towns.
What is a Pergola?
A pergola is an addition to your outdoors which usually consists of two components: timber and roofs. They have been a crowd-favourite for homeowners especially for those who have gardens in Australia, because they significantly appreciate the area’s aesthetics and functionality. Moreover, pergolas serve as a great place in the summers to unwind.
Multiple Options for Pergola Materials
As traditionally built, pergolas were only made from either stone or wood. However, with the advent of technology, you can now create your own pergola using different types of materials such as cellular PVC, steel, aluminium, and fibreglass. The following are some of the other materials and let us assess each of their features:
- Wood – this is the traditional material option for pergola which has a natural and warm look and feel. With it, you can have your pergola’s design complement the backdrop of nature. As an option, you have either hardwood or softwood to build your pergola. Note that when using wood for pergolas could make you spend more on the maintenance and repairs. To prevent this, it must undergo treatment, thorough sanding, and your must regularly check on it to maintain its great condition.
- Steel – this option is highly durable, and as a consequence it can be hard to handle and install. To prevent rusting or oxidation, steel pergolas must be protected by liquid paint or powder coat. Today, there are a lot of options when it comes to the type of steel, and there are less expensive ones that will fit your budget, but won’t affect the quality and the aesthetics of your outdoor pergola.
- Fibreglass – this material option ensures high durability, style, hassle-free maintenance, and versatility. This can stand against the drastic changes in the weather and other outdoor elements. However, what’s good about it is that it can blend easily with any decors, and it enables other installations such as fans, lighting, and heaters.
Types of Pergola Designs
- Attached – in this structure, there is a side which is connected to a structure serving as its support on one of its sides. This type blends easily from your home or indoor structure to the outdoor area. In the business industry, some establishments also install pergolas to cater to their customers.
- Wall-Mounted – this is also referred to as the eyebrow pergolas, and it is smaller than the standard pergola. Its structure is mounted to a wall that is attached to a structure and no columns are needed. In terms of function, this provides shade to smaller areas such as in the walkways.
- Freestanding – this one is not attached to any structure, and requires at least four columns attached on a concrete patio or concrete footer. It is ideal for almost any one, but it must adhere to the local laws to guarantee safety and avoid legal sanctions.
Book A Free Consultation Below